360-degree feedback, with all its pros and cons, is an assessment tool used by many companies to get a multidimensional picture of an employee’s performance.
Classical 360-degree feedback includes:
- Self appraisal
- Superior’s appraisal
- Subordinate’s appraisal
- Peer appraisal
- Customer appraisal (for customer-facing roles).
When to introduce 360-degree feedback?
360-degree assessment will be useful if your organization has a high level of trust and embraced learning culture.
However, if your company is experiencing serious changes (such as layoffs, reorganization, major acquisitions, new leadership appointments), this might not be the right moment to introduce this practice.
What can 360-degree feedback provide?
360-degree appraisal accelerates professional growth through feedback. This method tackles the bias problem that can occur in a one-dimensional review process (superior’s appraisal only). With this multi-angled approach, performance review results become more objective and are met with less resistance by an employee. This makes it easier for them to make behavioral changes to improve their performance further.
What tools to use for 360-degree feedback?
A reliable Performance Management digital tool is a must-have for scaling business. Some tools on the marker already include a 360-degree module and you might find standalone 360-degree solutions as well.
Here are some things to consider while choosing your 360-degree software:
- It’s GDPR compliant
- It should have integration capabilities aligned with your core HRM platform
- It supports one source of HR data in your organization
- It’s adjustable to your assessment needs.
If you’re using Microsoft Dynamics 365, we recommend our Performance Management Web App that was specifically designed for Microsoft’s system. Its 360-degree module allows you to:
- create feedback questionnaires and assign them to relevant stakeholders in your 360-degree process
- make results anonymous or open (multiple confidentiality possibilities)
- fill in questionnaires when it is convenient for stakeholders (you can save feedback mid-way and finalize it later)
- manage feedback from different stakeholders in one location
- get an immediate quantitative calculation (in %) of employee performance based on all feedback results
- integrate 360-degree results in the overall performance review.
Interested in FourVision’s 360-degree solution? Request your demo today and we’ll get to you shortly.